Most of RPAMS’s products are considered “Dual Use” (Commercial Application or Military Use). As a result, RPAMS is governed by two sets of Regulations — Department of State (ITAR) and Department of Commerce (EAR).
Steps for Using the EAR, Part 732, (September 25, 2015). Visit the BIS website for up-to-date EAR guidelines, and other BIS documents and forms.to ensure proper classification of controlled goods and to “Know Your Customer” (Supplement No. 3 TO Part 732-BIS Guidance and Red Flags) per the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), U.S. Department of Commerce Guidelines in
Please refer to Exportation Rules and download the BIS-711 form. This MANDATORY form must be completed and returned by purchaser or ultimate consignee for approval prior to shipment. Completing the form at earliest opportunity will prevent shipping delays.
- Under no circumstances, will RPAMS sell products contrary to U.S. Export regulations and laws.
- All parties to U.S. Export transactions must ensure their exports fully comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Compliance not only involves controlled goods and technologies, but also restrictions on shipping to certain prohibited (sanctioned) countries, companies, organizations, and/or individuals.
- RPAMS must adhere to ITAR notifications by Customers.
- Under the “Know your Customers” guidelines, we must understand:
- What is the product you are purchasing?
- What is the final destination of the product?
- Who is the ultimate end-user?
- What is the end-use?
- If required, RPAMS must have all approvals in place before export of product.
- If ECCN is requested from a customer and/or distributor, please send a completed BIS-711 form to RPAMS.
Who will be required to complete a BIS-711 Form?
- All Customers with Foreign “Ship-To” addresses.
- Those Domestic customers we know or believe will export our product.
- Information on the BIS-711 form is cross-checked with the Consolidated Screening List to validate customer/end-user if not:
- In a Restricted Country (i.e. on the Nonproliferation Sanction list);
- On the Denied list;
- On Debarred List (i.e. not allowed to order defense articles);
- On the Specially Designated Nationals List.
- If there are questions related to information contained on the BIS-711 we will be consulted for feedback.
How to complete the BIS-711 form:
ALL SECTIONS SHOULD BE EITHER TYPED OR PRINTED LEGIBLY IN ENGLISH.
- Sections 1-6 – Must be completed by Final Customer (End-User/Ultimate Consignee).
- Section 1 – Complete Shipping and Mailing Address’ must be provided.
- Section 2 – Proposed End-Use of Product must be indicated clearly.
- Section 3 – Both Sections A and B must be completed by the Final Customer.
- Section 4 – Additional information is optional.
- Section 5 – Complete Only if Final Customer is Assisted in completing the form.
- Section 6 – Must be completed and signed by the Final Customer.
- Section 7 – If Final Customer is different than the Purchaser, this section will need to be completed by the Purchaser (company buying product from RPAMS).